The quick and easy way to check that your employees have the Right to Work
- Check passports, ID cards, Biometric Residence Permits, visas and supporting documents
- Use our Right to Work check list to ensure compliance with Home Office Guidelines
- Suitable for everyone, whether you are checking a few documents or thousands.
- Check documents on the move with our TrustID mobile App
- Perform advance level document checks with the TrustID Desktop
- Use our online service to upload and check copies of documents taken on a scanner or mobile
- Document Helpdesk, with government trained experts who are on hand with advice and guidance
A bit about Right To Work
All employers must check that staff are allowed to work for you in the UK before you employ them. You must check their original identity documents with them present and you must take and keep copies and record the date you made the check. If you employ an illegal worker and cannot show that you carried out the correct Right to Work check you could face a civil penalty.
You must carry out the same checks on all staff regardless of their nationality. For example, only carrying out checks on those who you believe are not British citizens could leave you open to accusations of discrimination – see the Home Office code of practice for employers on avoiding discrimination.
The best place to start if you want to find further information about Right to Work is on the Government’s website where you will find lots of useful information and tools to ensure you stay compliant.
The Home Office encourage the use of ID scanning technology for checking ID and provide a guide on the use of document scanners which can be downloaded here.